About Me

My photo
I appreciate good dental hygiene and mustaches. I drink a lot of coffee.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Childhood memories.

I am a fairly inquisitive person. In order to get to know someone I like to ask a lot of questions. When I was with Youth With a Mission, I met many people. One of my favorite things to do at dinner time was ask people about themselves. Such as; What's your favorite color? What's your middle name? I like to know other people's middle names but hate to tell them my own. If you know me well enough you know why.


One day, sometime in spring, after a very trying and emotional day of classes, I came up with my favorite question. What is your favorite childhood memory? That day I got to hear many warm memories and you wouldn't believe how that question lightened the mood and lifted spirits.


It was my dad's birthday about a week ago, and in honor of his birthday, I thought I'd share one of my favorite childhood memories.


I can't remember where we were or even how old I was, but sometime, long ago, when I was munchkin I had breakfast for dinner. Back when I looked like this --->
I moved around a lot and at that time we were staying at a hotel. I was hungry and my dad and I walked to Denny's. We ate our dinner--or breakfast-- my guess is I probably had pancakes. They're still on my top ten list of favorite foods. After we had finished eating we walked back to the hotel. It had begun snowing and my dad taught me how to catch snowflakes on my tongue. We stood in the parking lot, in the snow, and waited for snowflakes to land on our tongues. After all these years, I still remember that.


Try asking people what their favorite childhood memories are. You'll get some great answers and I would love to hear all about your favorite childhood memories.

1 comment:

  1. We were in Idaho on our way back to Washington State after spending a week-end at your Aunt Liz's house in Montana. I remember it like yesterday. Big Big flakes and oh such fun.
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete