About Me

My photo
I appreciate good dental hygiene and mustaches. I drink a lot of coffee.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Pay it Forward.

I remember one time when I was a kiddo, on the way home from the doctor, my mom and I stopped for lunch. Belly filled with chicken fingers, I napped the rest of the way home. When I awoke, my to-go box filled with my left over lunch was nowhere in sight. I asked my mom where my lunch went and she told me she had given it to someone in need. I was very upset about the whole ordeal, down right mad and grumpy. I had wanted to eat those chicken fingers-- what a way to wake up from a nap I thought. But my mom taught me a very important lesson that day-- I probably didn't learn it until years later but she planted a seed in me that helped shape me into who I am today. 


I think giving food to people in need is an excellent testimony of kindness and the love of Christ. I almost never give people money-- I try to give them something to eat or something hot to drink. My mom taught me that kind of generosity by showing me through her actions-- it's something I hope my kids pick up on too. 


So in the spirit of the holidays, and more importantly in the memory of what Christ has done for us, I encourage you to pay it forward. Do something nice for someone else, someone in need. Be a living testimony of Christ's love. 

2 comments: