About Me

My photo
I appreciate good dental hygiene and mustaches. I drink a lot of coffee.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

What has she gotten herself into? (and the Liz Promo Video!)

So since this week was project planning week, how 'bout we discuss what I'm already involved in? As you probably know, I'm taking the Children at Risk School with Youth With a Mission. So what exactly is that? What am I really up to? Well I'm in class most of the time. We have class Monday through Friday and each week is a new topic pertaining to helping children in need. I am also involved in a street children's ministry on Monday nights. We go to the Red Light District and play games and make crafts with the kids who live there. We have fun with them while showing them Jesus' love and teaching them about the character of God. Tomorrow night I begin teaching the kids English. I'm planning on starting out teaching them the parts of the body and how we were created in God's image. So what else do I do with my time here? Homework and chores. My homework is mostly what you see here on this blog. It's time consuming but it keeps me up to date and is actually mostly for my benefit (and I'm not just saying that because my staff reads this.....) No but in all seriousness, I'm really enjoying this school and I'm learning a lot. I'm being challenged a lot. It's hard. But I'm so excited about everything that I'm learning because I get to use it!! Isn't that great? How bout we take a trip back to my sophomore year. It was there I learned about the quadratic equation (fórmula.) Do you know when the last time I used that equation was? My sophomore year. Astounding. See the great thing about this school is that I'm going to use what I learn to change the world. That's way better than Algebra (yuck.) And I'm REALLY, I mean really, hoping and praying that I will be able to go to Costa Rica after this school. I plan on going there for outreach for six months! Wow! What an awesome experience would that be? I'm so excited. So have I piqued your interest? Can I recruit you to my support team? First what I need is prayer. As I afore mentioned I go out and do kids' ministry on Monday nights. This is a superb moment for you to be praying for me. Our ministry lasts from 4-8 PM (pacific time), which means you in the eastern time zone can be praying for me from 7-11PM on Mondays. Feel free to go about your normal lives as you pray :). During that time you can be praying for open ears and hearts and a blessed ministry. Also I'd like to get a personal prayer support team. I need seven people to each commit to one day a week to consistently be praying for me. You can pray for my safety, my health (physically and spiritually), and my financial needs. And I have a lot of financial needs. I wish I had an exact number to give you but I won't know for sure for a couple more weeks. But if you're eager to give (or know someone who is) you can send all checks or cash gifts to: 
YWAM San Diego/Baja
Liz Moss-CRS Tijuana

100 w. 35th Street, Suite C
National City, CA 91950
USA

Checks can be made out to YWAM San Diego/Baja with Liz Moss-CRS Tijuana written in the memo portion. Also for your entertainment and enjoyment, my fellow students and I made a promotional video. Enjoy it and keep praying!!





Ps. If you have any questions and/or would like to join my prayer or financial support group you can email me at lizm_10@hotmail.com. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving your blogs Liz- very thoughtful and insightful articles you're writing. (And no, I don't think you should take your dance number on the road...)

    ReplyDelete