About Me

My photo
I appreciate good dental hygiene and mustaches. I drink a lot of coffee.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Recap.

I leave for Costa Rica in two weeks! Yay! So before I go, how about a little recap of what I've been doing, what I'm going to do, where, and why.


1. Ministry Summary –  I am a missionary in Latin America. In two weeks I leave for Jaco, Costa Rica. I will be living in Jaco for six months with my friends Lisa and Robbie. Our goal is to see change in this small beach community. We want to accomplish this change by working with children. For the first three weeks we will be participating in a program and class called Celebrating Children. During this time we will be learning how to give teachings to communities on the importance of children and teaching them about God's heart for kids. We will also be spending this time getting to know the community and practicing Spanish. After these three weeks we hope to have a better understanding of the exact needs in Jaco and develop a specific plan for ministry for the rest of our stay there.



C.  Ministry Purpose – Why? Why am I going there and why am I a missionary? Well let's start with the obvious-- God told me to. I love working with kids, I love Spanish speaking countries, and I love sharing God's love with others! Perfect match if you ask me. Matthew 28:19 says, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." This is why I am a missionary. I want to work with kids and disciple Jaco, Costa Rica.

D. Goals – I have some goals I'd like to accomplish in Costa Rica. First, I'd like to improve my Spanish.  In Costa Rica I will be completely immersed in Spanish for six months! Sounds promising to me! During my time in Jaco, I hope that I will gain experience and wisdom as I continue in ministry. I will be without staff and have to rely on God COMPLETELY. I think that this will be a great growing experience for me as I trust in God for my every need. I hope to gain experience and leadership as I work with these kids at risk in Jaco. I hope to bulid relationships and friendships with my neighbors in Jaco. By building relationships I hope to be a light of God's love and open up doors to discipleship. After the whole six months I hope to have impacted and change a community for the better and bring God to a dark community. Our resources are: Robbie, Lisa, and Liz. We will be equiped with the knowledge we have acquired from our Children at Risk School and the Holy Spirit. We have God on our side. We lack FUNDS. We need monthly support: in prayer and finances. I personally need five hundred dollars a month. Please contact me if you're interested in helping out! You can email me at lizm_10@hotmail.com. And remember to pray for us!

What I've been up to!
My ministry group and the kids we work with in the Red Light District!


Helping the kids with crafts!

Giving a lesson on Daniel and the lions' den. 

No comments:

Post a Comment